Tuesday, March 2, 2010

i don't care if i'm a guilty pleasure for you

After Dad and I went to Chez Panisse for lunch the other day, we headed off down the street in search of somewhere he had seen some time previously.





The Cheese Board is a collective, owned and operated by local dairy farmers and cheesemakers. Now, I love cheese, and I like to imagine that I've tried a fair few in my time, but I hadn't even heard of 3/4 of the cheeses available here.




After much consultation with one of the cheese experts behind the counter, we got a tellegio, a gran cru, a vasterböttenöst, a bleu d'auvergne, and some buratta. We had them for dinner with a crusty bread and some lovely red wine and it was spectacular. So if you're looking to expand your cheese knowledge, I can't think of a better place to go.




Do it. You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment