Sunday, February 28, 2010

hang on little tomato

So I'll be the first to admit that my Dad and I are two of a kind.

And what that means is that when he comes to visit, we go hunting for good food. Which today led us to Chez Panisse, in Berkeley.




It's a small, quiet sort of place. The decorating is dark and sparse, with some fresh flowers and fruit for color.






You can see back into the kitchen, where the chefs work their magic.




We shared the antipasti of roasted chicories, prosciutto, spicy celery root salad, and broccoli toast.




Dad had the grilled California white sea bass with cannellini beans, chard, Meyer lemon, and savory.




I went for the chicken roasted in the wood oven with black olives, potatoes au gratin, and some kind of green that I wish I could remember the name of because it was amazing.




The food was delicious and we had a great time.






Everything is a little pricy, but if it's a special occasion and you find yourself in Berkeley, I recommend trying to get a reservation here. You just might get lucky.



No comments:

Post a Comment