Thursday, November 4, 2010

figures fill their heads/ visions bathed in red



My roommate introduced me to Gunther's ice cream after discovering it at our local fruit stand. It has led to a bit of disagreement over whether it is exactly like Russian ice cream (which it totally is) or more closely resembles Finnish ice cream (definitely a lie), but one way or the other it is freaking delicious.

Since the engineer is visiting, the three of us decided to trek out to the original store, which has a much better variety of flavors available than our tiny fruit stand.




And I nearly cried with joy when I discovered that they had black walnut. For some reason, here on the west coast, where black walnut trees grow everywhere, this ice cream flavor is virtually impossible to come across. On the east coast, where there are no black walnut trees, it is practically ubiquitous, which was handy because it is has always been my hands-down favorite flavor of ice cream ever. Yum.

So the engineer kindly agreed to share a black walnut hot fudge sundae with me. It was spectacular.




The End. Until I go back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment